The British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) Awards nominations are in! Some of the season’s most buzzed-about scores such as Daniel Pemberton’s Being The Ricardos (Amazon Studios) and Jonny Greenwood’s The Power of the Dog (Netflix) have received Best Original Score nominations! The Power of the Dog also scored eight nominations overall including Best Film and Best Director (Jane Campion). Being The Ricardos nabs three nominations overall including Best Original Screenplay and Best Adapted Screenplay.
Also worth noting is Rebecca Hall’s Passing (Netflix), which garnered four nominations including Outstanding British Film, Outstanding Debut By A British Writer, Director Or Producer; and Swan Song (Apple TV+), which earned a Best Leading Actor nomination for the much-buzzed-about performance by Academy Award-winning Actor Mahershala Ali (Moonlight). See the breakdown below.
The 75th BAFTA Awards will take place March 13, 2022 at Royal Albert Hall. Read the full list at Deadline.
THE POWER OF THE DOG (8)
– Original Score (Jonny Greenwood)
– Best Film
– Leading Actor (Benedict Cumberbatch)
– Supporting Actor (Jesse Plemons)
– Supporting Actor (Kodi Smit-Mcphee)
– Cinematography (Ari Wegner)
– EE Rising Star Award (Kodi Smit-Mcphee)
– Outstanding British Film
– Outstanding Debut By A British Writer, Director Or Producer (Rebecca Hall)
– Leading Actress (Tessa Thompson)
– Supporting Actress (Ruth Negga)
BEING THE RICARDOS (3)
– Original Score, Daniel Pemberton
– Original Screenplay
– Adapted Screenplay
SWAN SONG (1)
– Leading Actor (Mahershala Ali)