Parallels and Futurecop! turn [“He Had A Good Time”] into something characteristic of their past collaborations, such as “Edge of the Universe” and “We Belong”: A dreamy and massive synth-driven expression layered in beautiful colors, galactic consciousness, and Holly Dodson’s staggeringly emotive vocals. – Vehlinggo
Ahead of the release of Overdrive, a compilation of remixes from Cliff Martinez’s iconic Drive score, listen to Futurecop! and Parallels’ interpretation of “He Had A Good Time” exclusively at Vehlinggo! This timely release arrives after the recent 10th anniversary of Nicolas Winding Refn’s culturally significant film release, Drive, which was followed by the soundtrack’s equally iconic debut.
Overdrive releases Friday, November 19, 2021 via Music.Film. View the album tracklist below, which feature other remixes by fellow artists in the synthwave and retrowave space.
Pre-save the album: [Digital]
01. Hammer (Slinger Remix) – Cliff Martinez
02. He Had A Good Time (Futurecop! & Parallels Remix) – Cliff Martinez
03. Rubber Head (French 79 Remix) – Cliff Martinez
04. After The Chase (Notaker Remix) – Cliff Martinez
05. Bride of Deluxe (Das Mörtal Light Remix) – Cliff Martinez
06. Hammer (Philter Remix) – Cliff Martinez
07. Bride Of Deluxe (Varien Remix) – Cliff Martinez
08. On The Beach (Andrew Prahlow Remix) – Cliff Martinez
09. After The Chase (Gadi Sassoon Remix) – Cliff Martinez
10. Where’s The Deluxe Version? (Philter Remix) – Cliff Martinez
11. He Had A Good Time (Futurecop! Remix – Cliff Martinez
Drive is now streaming on Amazon Prime Video.