The song was written by Jeff Herriott and director S. Craig Zahler and provides an authentic soul backdrop to the violent, measured character-driven film—a follow-up to Zahler’s lauded Brawl in Cell Block 99 which also featured performances by Tavares and what the The New York Times described as “wrapped in a swaggering soundtrack of ’70-style soul.” – The Hype Magazine
Now here’s a track we’ll be listening to all weekend, in anticipation of the upcoming Dragged Across Concrete – Original Motion Picture Soundtrack! With songs written by Jeff Herriott and the film’s director S. Craig Zahler (Brawl In Cell Block 99, Bone Tomahawk), the eight-track album will be released digitally via Lakeshore Records on March 22. Listen now exclusively at The Hype Magazine!
Pre-order The Album: [iTunes]
Dragged Across Concrete (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
01. Street Corner Felines – The O’Jays featuring Eddie Levert and Walter Williams
02. Gilded Life Of The Rich Man – The O’Jays featuring Eddie Levert and Walter Williams
03. Sneaking Around At Night – Butch Tavares
04. My Magic Tricks – Adi Armour
05. A Better Place For Us – S. Craig Zahler
06. She’s My Ice Cream Sundae – Butch Tavares
07. Don’t Close The Drive In – Butch Tavares
08. Shotgun Safari – The O’Jays featuring Eddie Levert and Walter Williams
Summit Entertainment presents, a Unified Pictures production, a Cinestate production, in association with Look to the Sky Films and The Fyzz Facility, in association with Realmbuilder Productions present, DRAGGED ACROSS CONCRETE, in theaters Friday, March 22 (get tickets).