One of the most amazing and celebrated TV Soundtracks of the last year is now available on double vinyl!
1. Satan Your Kingdom Must Come Down (Boss Remix) (Robert Plant & The Band of Joy)
2. Lizard Dream (Brian Reitzell & Michael James)
3. Who Done It? (Brian Reitzell & Jim James)
4. One Overlord (Brian Reitzell, Jonathan Meiburg & Lucas Oswald)
5. Express (Brian Reitzell, Nicolas Godin & Jean-Benoit Dunckel)
6. Punishment (interpolating Moonlight Sonata Piano Sonata #14 Mvt. 1) (Brian Reitzell)
7. Arb Section 1 (Mark Hollis)
8. O’ Cordelia (Brian Reitzell & Tim Rutili)
9. The Conversation (Brian Reitzell, Nicolas Godin & Jean-Benoit Dunckel)
10. Falling Pine (Brian Reitzell & Daniel Lopatin)
11. Black Moon (Wilco)
12. Ceiba (Brian Reitzell & Daniel Lopatin)
13. Tell Me What You Saw (Brian Reitzell & Jim James)
14. Swan Lake Michigan (interpolating Swan Lake) (Brian Reitzell and Paul Buchanan)
ORDER YOURS HERE AT AMAZON:
Boss (Original Television Soundtrack) Vinyl
MORE ABOUT THE ALBUM FROM PITCHFORK:
Talk Talk’s Mark Hollis Resurfaces With New Music for the Kelsey Grammer TV Show “Boss”
First new music from the elusive genius in 14 years
Talk Talk broke up after Laughing Stock, but they’d stopped touring, making videos, or even giving interviews long before. Hollis released a self-titled solo album in 1998, made brief guest appearances on a handful of albums in the late 90s/early 00s… and then nothing. For the past 10 years, he’s been pretty much off the radar.
So it was very, very surprising to learn that the first new music we’ll hear from Hollis since his solo album 14 years ago will be a track included in an upcoming episode of the TV show “Boss”. “Boss” airs Friday nights on the Starz channel, and stars Kelsey Grammer as a ruthless mayor of Chicago. (T.I. is also a member of the cast.) The September 21 episode will feature a new instrumental piece by Hollis called “ARB Section 1” that will play during the show’s final scene and closing credits.
How did this happen? We have music supervisor and composer Brian Reitzell to thank. Reitzell, a former member of Redd Kross, has been working in film since the late 90s, doing the music for Sofia Coppola’s movies, as well as Friday Night Lights (the film), Thumbsucker, The Brothers Bloom, and more. “Boss”, now in its second season, is his first TV work. (He’s also currently working on music for Coppola’s upcoming film The Bling Ring, as well as Gus Van Sant‘s upcoming Promised Land.)