This week, we’re honoring the release of Wash Westmoreland’s highly-anticipated Earthquake Bird film on Netflix (November 15)! The film starring Academy Award® winner Alicia Vikander, Golden Globe® nominee Riley Keough and Naoki Kobayashi features score by Academy Award®-winning Composer Atticus Ross (The Social Network), Leopold Ross and Claudia Sarne. We’ve dug into the Lakeshore Records vault to present the 2012 release of Days of Grace – Original Motion Picture Soundtrack, also featuring music by this trio, alongside film music greats Nick Cave and Warren Ellis (War Machine), and Shigeru Umebayashi (The Grandmaster).
Days Of Grace (aka Días de gracia) won 15 awards and 11 nominations, including Best Score wins at Mexico’s Ariel Awards and Guadalajara International Film Festival, and nabbed the Golden Camera nomination at Cannes!
Comic-Con is on fire with talk of Captain America: The Winter Soldier and the upcoming Avengers: Age of Ultron movie (check out the new poster), two movies which star Scarlett Johansson. If you’ve followed Scarlett Johansson’s badass career, then you’ll recall she lent her voice to the Academy Award®-nominated “Moon Song” from the movie, Her,and her collaboration with Massive Attack’s Robert Del Naja (aka “3D”) on the remix of a George Gershwin standard, “Summertime” in the Days of Grace soundtrack, released by Lakeshore Records.
Lucy co-stars Academy Award® winner Morgan Freeman (Feast of Love) as Professor Norman, a neuroscientist who may have the answers that Lucy needs. Check out the movie trailer. Expect to see Scarlett in the empowering role as a badass human weapon who quickly navigates a corrupt underground world while discovering new super skills along the way.
Download The Album!
Days of Grace (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack): iTunes | Buy CD
Scarlett Johansson is in the spotlight with her new movie, Captain America: Winter Soldier, but we really want to shine the light on her recording career. You may have heard her vocals in the Days of Gracesoundtrack released by Lakeshore Records. Featured in the George Gershwin standard, “Summertime,” remixed by Robert Del Naja (of Massive Attack) and Tim Goldsworthy, Johansson’s vocals are ethereal and not to be missed. But, if by chance you haven’t heard it, we’ve got you covered.
The album also features a score by Nick Cave and Warren Ellis (“The Road”; “The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford”), Academy Award-winner Atticus Ross (“The Social Network”; “The Book of Eli”) with Leopold Ross & Claudia Sarne, and Shigeru Umebayashi (The Grandmaster).
More to love: In the past two years, Johansson’s vocals have been associated with Oscar-nominated films such as Her in which she sings “Moon Song” (check out this acoustic version), and the Oscar-nominated climate documentary, Chasing Ice, in which she contributed her vocal talents to “Before My Time.” We have a very good hunch that we will be hearing a lot more from her.
In the spotlight: Watch the Vanity Fair May 2014 cover shoot video, featuring Scarlett Johansson:
01. Main Theme I – Opening – Shigeru Umebayashi & Nathaniel Mechaly
02. Main Theme II – Dreaming of the 64 Hands – Shigeru Umebayashi
03. Love Theme I – Shigeru Umebayashi
04. Love Theme II – Shigeru Umebayashi
05. Beijing Opera – Si Lang Tan Mu – Traditional
06. The Gold Pavilion – Shigeru Umebayashi
07. Manchuria Express – Shigeru Umebayashi & Nathaniel Mechaly
08. Action 150 – Vichaya Vatanasapt, Traithep Wongpaiboon & Nathaniel Mechaly
09. Sorekara Epilogue I – Kokuhaku – Shigeru Umebayashi
10. Moyou (from the film “Sorekara”) – Shigeru Umebayashi
11. Opium – Shigeru Umebayashi & Nathaniel Mechaly
12. Casta Diva (from the opera “Norma”) – Vinenzo Bellini
13. Main Theme IV – The Sacrifice – Shigeru Umebayashi & Nathaniel Mechaly
14. La Donna Romantica – Ennio Morricone
15. Once Upon a Time in America: Deborah’s Theme – Ennio Morricone
16. Manchurian Bolero – Nathaniel Mechaly & Shigeru Umebayashi
The Grandmaster is the story of martial-arts master Ip Man, the man who trained Bruce Lee.