Gingger Shankar, co-producer of the forthcoming voting rights companion album And She Could Be Next, is joining Lakeshore Records on Instagram Live today at 3 PM PDT! Find out why the virtuoso violinist, singer, composer, and activist was inspired to team up with dynamic, powerful, outspoken voices from the hip hop, pop, and R&B community such as Aloe Blacc, Sa-Roc, D*L*P, Tarrriona ‘Tank’ Ball, Sheila E., Vivek Maddala and more. See track list below.
Pre-order the album: [Digital]
- Believe (feat. Aloe Blacc) – Sa-Roc, Gingger Shankar & D*L*P
- New Generation – Judith Hill, Dee MC, HeeSun Lee , Gingger Shankar & William Stanbro
- Shadow – Tarriona ‘Tank’ Ball, Sheila E. & Gingger Shankar
- Wild Woman – Shawnee
- For Jordan, For Elijah, For… (feat. Vivek Maddala & Isaiah Gage) – Gingger Shankar & William Stanbro
- Burn (feat. Hyro the Hero) – Saul Williams, Sussan Deyhim, Gingger Shankar & William Stanbro
- Love Be The Way (feat. Oompa) – Walter Sickert & The Army of Broken Toys
- Town After Town (feat. Genie Santiago) – This Way to the Egress
- The Squad (feat. Sa-Roc) – Sarah DeAun, Gingger Shankar, Raaginder, Tia Simone & JKeyz
The PBS docuseries And She Could Be Next is executive produced by Ava DuVernay, which chronicles the story of a defiant movement of women of color including Stacey Abrams, Lucy McBath, Rashida Tlaib, AOC, Nikema Williams, and more who are transforming American politics from the ground up.
Follow and Listen to the debut single, “Believe (Feat. Aloe Blacc)”: [Download/Listen]
And She Could Be Next is produced by and features musician and composer Gingger Shankar (The Passion of the Christ, CNN’s We Will Rise: Michelle Obama’s Mission to Educate Girls Around the World, Akicita: The Battle of Standing Rock), who scored the two-part documentary series.
The docu-series And She Could Be Next follows trailblazing, history-making candidates, on their journey from organizing to governing, and the community of organizers and activists who work day in and day out to make democracy work for all of us.