“[This new] ‘San Francisco’ [rendition] is now the emotional centerpiece of the recent ‘Last Black Man’ trailer and will probably carve its way into your brain forever. You’re welcome.” – The Playlist
Premiering today is a beautiful cover of “San Francisco (Be Sure To Wear Flowers In Your Hair)” by Emile Mosseri, Joe Talbot and Daniel Herskedal (Featuring Mike Marshall) from the film, The Last Black Man In San Francisco, now exclusively at The Playlist! The full soundtrack featuring score by Emile Mosseri (For A Good Time, Call…, “Random Acts of Flyness”) and will be released digitally Friday, June 7, but you can pre-order the album on Friday, May 17. See the track list below.
Directed by Joe Talbot and starring Jimmie Fails, Jonathan Majors, Rob Morgan, Tichina Arnold, and Danny Glover, The Last Black Man In San Francisco is Winner of the Sundance Best Director and Special Jury Awards.
A24 presents THE LAST BLACK MAN IN SAN FRANCISCO, in theaters June 7.
The Last Black Man In San Francisco (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
01. King Jimmie
02. The Last Black Man In San Francisco
03. Bombing California St.
04. You’re Not Better Than Us
05. “Black Alice in Wonderland”
06. San Francisco (Be Sure to Wear Flowers in Your Hair) – Mike Marshall, Daniel Herskadall, Emile Mosseri, Joe Talbot
07. A House, Haunted
08. I Got a Plan
09. Ricky, Get The Truck
10. Driving Home with Stolen Treasures
11. They Lost The House?
12. Rock Fight
13. The Last Black Man In San Francisco (Prelude)
14. The Last Black Man In San Francisco (Wounded Warrior)
15. A House, Haunted (Suite)
16. Whatever Gets You Through The Night
17. King Jimmie (Suite)
18. You’re Not Better Than Us (Demo)
19. Doubting Thomases on Segways (Demo)
20. Montgomery’s Theme
21. My Grandfather Built This
22. Filthy, Fishy Salt Water
23. Rock Fight (Suite)
24. You Sure They’re Not Home?
25. San Francisco (Be Sure to Wear Flowers in Your Hair) [Instrumental] – Daniel Herskadall
26. How I Met Mont – Jimmie Fails
You can tell this movie is special within its first five minutes – Rolling Stone