Go behind the scenes with A Simple Favor composer Theodore Shapiro! In this interview with Pop Disciple, Theodore talks about reuniting with Director Paul Feig (they previously worked together on Ghostbusters: Answer The Call) and working to find the right musical tone for the film. A Simple Favor has been in the weekend Top 10 box offices ever since its theatrical release last month. Listen to the digital album, out now via Lakeshore Records!
Soundtrack Available Now: [Download/Listen]
Lionsgate presents A SIMPLE FAVOR, now playing in theaters (get tickets).
A Simple Favor is directed by Paul Feig (Bridesmaids, The Heat). This modern neo-noir follows a mommy blogger as she investigates the disappearance of her rich, mysterious best friend from their small town. The soundtrack sets the mood with a French noir sound with contributions from Françoise Hardy, Brigitte Bardot and Serge Gainsbourg. Film Opens in Theaters this Friday September 14th.
CLICK HERE TO PRE-ORDER NOW AT URBAN OUTFITTERS NOW!
* Limited Edition Vinyl Pressing
* Single Disc Pressed on Opaque Red Vinyl
* 450 Copies Only – Worldwide – UO Exclusive
* Includes Die-Cut Printed Inner Sleeve
A Simple Favor (OriginalMotion Picture Soundtrack) Various Artists
01. Ca S’Est Arrangé – Jean Paul Keller
02. Comment Te Dire Adieu – Françoise Hardy
03. Les Passants – Zaz
04. La Madrague – Brigitte Bardot
05. Laisse Tomber Les Filles – France Gall
06. Le Cactus – Jacques Dutronc
07. Bonnie And Clyde – Brigitte Bardot & Serge Gainsbourg
08. Une Histoire de Plage – Brigitte Bardot
09. Changement – Orelsan
10. Laisse Tomber Les Filles – No Small Children
Here’s a great interview with The Heat Director Paul Feig – see the movie in theaters this weekend!
After directing Kristen Wiig and the gang in the groundbreaking 2011 comedy “Bridesmaids,” Feig directed Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy in the female buddy-cop comedy “The Heat,” which opens this weekend.
Oscar winner Bullock (“The Blind Side”) plays an uptight, by-the-book FBI agent partnered with a tough, foul-mouthed Boston detective (Emmy winner McCarthy of TV’s “Mike & Molly”) in a movie that its director describes as an action-comedy in the vein of “48 Hrs.” and “Beverly Hills Cop” – only with women.
Feig, 62, is a former stand-up comic and actor who found his calling writing and directing for television. He created the series “Freaks and Geeks,” and directed multiple episodes on other series, including “The Office,” “Arrested Development” and “Nurse Jackie.”
“Bridesmaids” broke through one of Hollywood’s glass ceilings, and Feig hopes that “The Heat” will have the same glass-shattering effect.
And pick up the soundtrack now at http://bit.ly/TheHeatSoundtrack
Featuring the new exclusive song “Rock This” by Santigold and hot tracks from Kreayshawn, Kimbra, Angel Haze, LCD Soundsystem and more!
The Heat- Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
- Fight The Power (Part 1 & 2) — The Isley Brothers
- Werkin’ Girls — Angel Haze
- Stranglehold — Ted Nugent
- More Than A Feeling — Boston
- Daft Punk Is Playing At My House — LCD Soundsystem
- Flashlight (Serafin & Rev Kev Heat Remix) — Parliament
- Rock This — Santigold
- Left Ey3 — Kreayshawn
- Groove Is In The Heart — Deee-Lite
- Dance With My Father — Luther Vandross
- Every Woman In The World — Air Supply
- Lonely Town, Lonely Street — Bill Withers
- Roller — April Wine
- 212 — Azealia Banks featuring Lazy Jay
- Come Into My Head — Kimbra
Listen to samples from all of the songs here:
See the movie this Friday in theaters!