Lakeshore Records will release the soundtrack to Newtown, available digitally on May 19! The album features score by Fil Eisler, Mark Barden, Jeff Beal, George Clinton, Chris Drake, Deborah Lurie & Robert Duncan, Dino Meneghin, Blake Neely, Mark Renk, Mikael Sandgren, and Rob Simonsen. See track list below.
ABOUT FIL EISLER
Fil Eisler is one of the most diverse composers of the moment, with projects that range from big studio action pieces and comedies, to gripping dramas for independent film and hit television shows. For the “Newton” documentary, he served as the composer for the main title theme and acted as music director for the documentary, assembling an all-star line up of over a dozen Hollywood composers, who each donated a piece of music for the film.
The Orchard presents NEWTOWN, available now on VOD (get it on iTunes).
NEWTOWN (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
Fil Eisler & Various Artists
01. Parade – Fil Eisler & Mikael Sandgren
02. Boxes / Skydive 1 – Fil Eisler
03. The World Needs To Know – Fil Eisler
04. He Needed Me In A Different Way – Chris Drake
05. Accidental Lobbyists – Jeff Beal
06. Meditation – Deborah Lurie & Robert Duncan
07. Newtown Variation 1 – George Clinton & Fil Eisler
08. Nicole Writes Hugo / We’re All Victimized – Mark Renk & Fil Eisler
09. Accidental Lobbyists – Fil Eisler
10. I Have Memories – Fil Eisler
11. Newtown Variation 2 – Dino Meneghin
12. Mudfest – Rob Simonsen & Fil Eisler
13. Moving On – George Clinton & Fil Eisler
14. Desolation – Blake Neely
15. Newtown Variation 3 – Dino Meneghin & Fil Eisler
16. Skydive 2- Fil Eisler
17. For DGB – Mark Barden
Filmed over the course of nearly three years, the filmmakers use unique access and never before heard testimonies to tell a story of the aftermath of the deadliest mass shooting of schoolchildren in American history on December 14, 2012. Newtown documents a traumatized community fractured by grief and driven toward a sense of purpose. Joining the ranks of a growing club to which no one wants to belong, a cast of characters interconnect to weave an intimate story of community resilience.