The Grandmaster, the Academy Award-nominated film from acclaimed Director Wong Kar-wai, will release the film in 3D this October. “We now have the opportunity to show the film as it was always intended – searching for a brand new aesthetic or cinematic language in the 3D format.” The director is reportedly “100% present and hands on.” Read the full story at Variety.
In addition to its Academy Award noms, The Grandmaster swept the awards shows in Asia, including Composers Nathan Méchaly and Shigeru Umebayashi’s Best Score wins. Lakeshore Records released the soundtrack, featuring the award winning score. Read more about it: ‘The Grandmaster’ Composer Nathan Méchaly Sweeps Film Awards. The film, a biopic about Ip Man, the Kung Fu master who mentored Bruce Lee, received Oscar nominations in Cinematography and Costume Design.
Download The Album!
The Grandmaster (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack): iTunes | Buy CD
01. Main Theme I – Opening – Shigeru Umebayashi & Nathaniel Mechaly
02. Main Theme II – Dreaming of the 64 Hands – Shigeru Umebayashi
03. Love Theme I – Shigeru Umebayashi
04. Love Theme II – Shigeru Umebayashi
05. Beijing Opera – Si Lang Tan Mu – Traditional
06. The Gold Pavilion – Shigeru Umebayashi
07. Manchuria Express – Shigeru Umebayashi & Nathaniel Mechaly
08. Action 150 – Vichaya Vatanasapt, Traithep Wongpaiboon & Nathaniel Mechaly
09. Sorekara Epilogue I – Kokuhaku – Shigeru Umebayashi
10. Moyou (from the film “Sorekara”) – Shigeru Umebayashi
11. Opium – Shigeru Umebayashi & Nathaniel Mechaly
12. Casta Diva (from the opera “Norma”) – Vinenzo Bellini
13. Main Theme IV – The Sacrifice – Shigeru Umebayashi & Nathaniel Mechaly
14. La Donna Romantica – Ennio Morricone
15. Once Upon a Time in America: Deborah’s Theme – Ennio Morricone
16. Manchurian Bolero – Nathaniel Mechaly & Shigeru Umebayashi
The Grandmaster is the story of martial-arts master Ip Man, the man who trained Bruce Lee.