While high schoolers are graduating across the country during these uncertain times, there is one thing we can be sure of: good times and some funky music courtesy of Superbad, the classic coming of age comedy starring a very young Jonah Hill and Michael Cera! The soundtrack, featuring score by Lyle Workman (“Love”, The 40 Year Old Virgin, Stand Up Guys) and Bootsy Collins, performed by a reunion of the original JBs rhythm section with Bootsy and Phelps Collins, Clyde Stubblefield, and Jabo Starks, and Bernie Worrell, is the perfect addition to your end of school year playlist. Also featured are songs by artists such as Curtis Mayfield and Rick James. is the perfect playlist to end the school year. As a graduation gift, Lakeshore Records is giving away 100 free download codes to this album for graduates and the kids at heart!
We can’t let April Vinyl Month slide by without the funky stylings of Lyle Workman (“Love (A Netflix Original Series)”) in Superbad (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack), a classic album available now on vinyl!
The album features a mix of Lyle Workman songs written for the hilarious Superbad movie, performed by James Brown’s backing band with Bootsy Collins of Parliament, and killer tracks from The Roots, Sergio Mendes & Brasil 66, Rick James, The Bar-Keys and more. Numbered edition of 2000 on double vinyl, 3 sides of music, one side a stunning screen print!
Sony Pictures Entertainment and Columbia Pictures present SUPERBAD, available now on VOD (rent it on iTunes) and Blu-ray/DVD (get it here). Head on over to our Vinyl Store for more soundtrack offerings!
Lakeshore Records join iTunes in celebrating Superhero September, featuring seven soundtracks including the beloved Nacho Libre and Superbad albums, which are now available on vinyl! These super soundtracks take you back to laugh-out-loud moments in the films!
The new One & Two (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack), featuring score by Nathan Halpern, has been described as “the most understated superhero movie to come around in forever,” says Blake Rodgers of Nerdist. This is no ordinary superheroes soundtrack playlist — it’s extraodinary — and you’ll see why!
Superbad,starring Seth Rogen (Pineapple Express, Knocked Up), Jonah Hill (21 Jump Street, The Wolf of Wall Street) in his breakout role, and Michael Cera (Scott Pilgrim vs. The World,Nick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist). The classic soundtrack features a house band led by composer Lyle Workman (Get Him to the Greek,Forgetting Sarah Marshall) that features legends Bootsy Collins, Clyde Stubblefield, Jabo Starks and Bernie Worrell of the P-Funk All Stars plus more favorites from The Bar-Kays, Jean Knight and Sergio Mendes.
Superbad Track Listing:
1. Super What? – Lyle Workman
2. Too Hot To Stop – The Bar-Kays
3. Seth Pulls Into Lot – Lyle Workman
4. Cops See Fogel’s ID/ Seth Saves Evan – Lyle Workman
5. Do Me – Jean Knight
6. Flashback Party Weekend – Lyle Workman
7. P.S. I Love You – Curtis Mayfield
8. Evan Runs – Lyle Workman
9. Sleeping Bags – Lyle Workman
10. Like A Pimp – Lyle Workman
11. Here I Come – The Roots f/ Malik B. & Dice Raw
12. Seth Runs On Track – Lyle Workman
13. Bustin’ Out (On Funk) – Rick James
14. Evan’s Basement Jam – Lyle Workman
15. Roda – Sergio Mendes & Brasil 66
16. Goldslick/Seth Fantasy – Lyle Workman
17. Soul Finger – The Bar-Kays
18. Funk McLovin – Lyle Workman
Watch the interview with Composer Lyle Workman who scored the film with the P-Funk legends:
Captain America: The Winter Soldier opens this weekend. The film from Marvel Comics stars Chris Evans as Steve Rogers, a.k.a. Captain America, who, as his name implies, is one of the world’s Most Finest Superheroes fighting evil and corruption. Not all heroes are super. Bad supers aren’t trying to save the world. They’re just trying to make their little corner of it better. Sometimes, as we learn in the film Superbad, the greatest hero you’ll ever know is already standing right beside you; your best friend. Boop.
In Super, Rainn Wilson stars as Crimson Bolt, a delusional man on mission to save his wife from an evil drug dealer. In My Super Ex-Girlfriend, Uma Thurman plays G-Girl, a heroine-scorned who strays so far from justice that she nearly becomes a super-villain. In Crank, Jason Statham plays the unstoppable Chev Chelios, a true anti-hero who wades through the criminal underworld powered by nothing but epinephrine and a desire to hear his girlfriend pick up the goddamn phone. Here’s a playlist to celebrate those who stumble, trip, and fall into greatness – heroes who lose their way or have strange ideas about what constitutes a good deed.
Download The Albums!
01. Beneath The Clothes We Find The Man… by Jack Black in NACHO LIBRE
02. Calling All Destroyers by Tsar SUPER
03. No Sleep 2Nite by Molly McQueen MY SUPER EX-GIRLFRIEND
04. Bring Us Bullets by Rocket from the Crypt CRANK
05. Defendor Interrupts Dooney & Kat by John Rowley DEFENDOR
06. Goldslick / Seth Fantasy by Lyle Workman SUPERBAD
07. Move, Move, Move by Alan Hawkshaw & Alan Parker NACHO LIBRE
08. The Joker by Fatboy Slim feat. Bootsy Collins MY SUPER EX-GIRLFRIEND
09. I Do by Lo-Def Dollz SUPER
10. Here I Come (feat. Malik B. & Dice Raw) by Dice Raw & The Roots SUPERBAD
11. Adrenalina by David Rolas feat 10 West & Jimi Varrz CRANK
12. Guns Are For Cowards by John Rowley DEFENDOR
13. Tender Beasts of the Spangled Night by Beck NACHO LIBRE