Read the full story at Variety (here).
The final round of voting start on August 15 and runs for a full two weeks until Aug. 29.
For the fourth time, the Creative Arts section of the Emmys has been split into two ceremonies which will take place on September 14 and 15. The Primetime awards will be handed out on Sept. 22 (GoldDerby).
Lakeshore Records congratulates film composers and soundtrack partners Benjamin Salisbury & Geoff Barrow (Annihilation) and Nicholas Britell (If Beale Street Could Talk),whose remarkable scores are on the Academy Awards Best Score shortlist! There were one hundred fifty-six scores that were eligible this year, and the Music Branch of The Academy voted on who would make the shortlist. Out of this pool, 15 scores will advance to the nominations round on January 22, 2019. See the full list at Oscars.org.
In celebration of this announcement, take a listen to these albums:
ANNIHILATION – [Download/Listen]
IF BEALE STREET COULD TALK– [Download/Listen]
A Simple Favor is directed by Paul Feig (Bridesmaids, The Heat). This modern neo-noir follows a mommy blogger as she investigates the disappearance of her rich, mysterious best friend from their small town. The soundtrack sets the mood with a French noir sound with contributions from Françoise Hardy, Brigitte Bardot and Serge Gainsbourg. Film Opens in Theaters this Friday September 14th.
* Limited Edition Vinyl Pressing
* Single Disc Pressed on Opaque Red Vinyl
* 450 Copies Only – Worldwide – UO Exclusive
* Includes Die-Cut Printed Inner Sleeve
A Simple Favor (OriginalMotion Picture Soundtrack) Various Artists
01. Ca S’Est Arrangé – Jean Paul Keller
02. Comment Te Dire Adieu – Françoise Hardy
03. Les Passants – Zaz
04. La Madrague – Brigitte Bardot
05. Laisse Tomber Les Filles – France Gall
06. Le Cactus – Jacques Dutronc
07. Bonnie And Clyde – Brigitte Bardot & Serge Gainsbourg
08. Une Histoire de Plage – Brigitte Bardot
09. Changement – Orelsan
10. Laisse Tomber Les Filles – No Small Children
If you’re planning to be in Chicago later this month, here’s your chance to see Kyle Dixon & Michael Stein perform the Stranger Things score and music from Season 1 and 2 at the Athenaeum Theatre, Chicago on 30th March 2018. Doors open at 7 p.m. Get tickets here: Athenaeum Chicago.
Soundtracks available now on all digital outlets!