Director Lee Toland Krieger’s Aunt And Uncle Play A Musical Role In ‘The Age Of Adaline’
Nancy McCallion is going Hollywood, and so is her husband, fellow Tucson musician Danny Krieger.
The couple makes its major motion picture debut in “The Age of Adaline,” a movie directed by McCallion’s nephew Lee Toland Krieger (“Celeste & Jesse Forever,” “The Vicious Kind”). Danny Krieger gets a one-line voice-over: “Keep it down in there!”; you’ll hear Nancy’s a bit longer as her song “Brighter in the Night” wafts from a car radio… But buy the soundtrack and you’ll hear the full version, the one she recorded on her 2009 indie album “Take A Picture of Me.” It’s included on a playlist that features Bob Dylan’s “Simple Twist Of Fate” and Jefferson Airplane’s “Comin’ Back to Me.” –Arizona Daily Star
Lakeshore Records is pleased to release The Age Of Adaline (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) — available now digitally — featuring various artists including Ella Fitzgerald, Bob Dylan, Jefferson Airplane and more. The soundtrack includes the track, “Brighter In The Night” by Nancy McCallion (Director Lee Toland Krieger’s aunt). Read the full story at (Arizona Daily Star) for details on Nancy McCallion and Danny Krieger’s cameos in the film. The Age Of Adaline is now playing in theaters nationwide. See full track listing and preview the album below.
Pre-order The Album!
Watch on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mnuk8RjNNYU
The Age of Adaline (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
01. Simple Twist Of Fate – Bob Dylan
02. Don’t Watch Me Dancing – Little Joy
03. Since I Don’t Have You – The Skyliners
04. Drift Dive – The Antlers
05. Comin’ Back To Me – Jefferson Airplane
06. The Rainbow People – Dexter Gordon
07. Gimme Some Lovin’ – Sam & Dave
08. I’m Just A Jitterbug – Ella Fitzgerald, Chick Webb And His Orchestra
09. Tear For You My Dear – Martin Gibson & Jeromy Allinger
10. Brighter In The Night – Nancy McCallion
11. Goodnight – Stephen Lu
12. Auld Lange Syne – Stephen Lu
Read our previous post about The Age Of Adaline.
Preview over a minute of song per track: